Happy New Year TEMPO Madison members! If you are like many people, you have made at least one New Year's resolution. Maybe you have made a commitment to eat better or exercise more. Perhaps you plan to get organized, travel more, or save money. In addition to one of these traditional resolutions, I would like to encourage you to consider making a resolution to connect more with other TEMPO Madison members by serving on one of our committees, participating in a networking event, or joining a club.
Serving on a committee is not only helpful to TEMPO Madison, but it is also a great way to meet new people and get to know other members better. If you are interested in serving on a committee, the first step is to contact the chair of that committee.
In addition to our committees, TEMPO Madison offers a variety of clubs, including the TEMPO Travelers Group, TEMPO Women of Wisdom (WOW), two book clubs, and biking club, and a breakfast club. More information about these clubs is available on our website: https://tempomadison.org/Networking. These clubs are always looking for new members to join in the fun.
- The Networking Committee is chaired by Eileen Goode. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The Networking Committee plans many of the amazing and varied opportunities for TEMPO Madison members to connect at times beyond the monthly luncheons. For example, the Networking Committee organized a group to attend the latest Forward Theater Company play on November 23, 2019. They also arranged the tour of Promega Corporation on December 5, 2019.
- The Scholarship Committee is co-chaired by Consuelo Lopez and Renee Boyce. Their email addresses are email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The Scholarship Committee solicits and reviews the scholarship applications from area high school students seeking financial assistance for college and other post-secondary education.
- The Program Committee is chaired by Anne Sappenfield. Her email address is email@example.com. The Program Committee arranges the speakers for our monthly luncheons. They meet two to four times per year to brainstorm about potential topics and speakers that would interest our membership. Because of the hard work of the TEMPO Madison Program Committee, in January, we will hear from Liz Gilbert about the logistics involved in winning the bid for and hosting the Democratic National Committee in Milwaukee, and in February, we will learn about WholeTrees Structures, a timber products company that is innovating technologies with global market implications.
- The Communications Committee is chaired by Renee Schlick. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The Communications Committee prepares the TEMPO Madison’s newsletters and other communications to members, including our website.
- The Membership Committee is chaired by Michelle Vetterkind. Her email address is email@example.com. The Membership Committee administers the membership process for prospective members. They maintain a target list of amazing women in our community who should be TEMPO Madison members. This committee also hosts new member orientations and recruiting events every year.
- The Hospitality Committee is chaired by Susan Schmidt Thomson. Her email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Hospitality Committee introduces new members and guests at the monthly luncheons. They also serve as ambassadors to help TEMPO Madison members feel more connected with the organization.
- Project REACH, our newest committee, is chaired by Kim Sponem and Kristine Euclide. Their email addresses are: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The mission of Project REACH is to increase the number of TEMPO Madison members on corporate and business boards.
Finally, TEMPO Madison members work together to plan several social events and fundraisers, including our Annual Celebration in June and TEMPO Shares in the fall. We are also starting to plan our 40th Anniversary Celebration, which will take place in 2021. If you are interested in helping with any of the committees established to plan these events, contact me and I will make sure you are connected with the right person.
Whatever you decide to take on as a resolution, I hope 2020 is an amazing year for you personally and for TEMPO Madison.