DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO WOULD BE A GOOD TEMPO MEMBER?
Before you nominate, please review TEMPO’s membership criteria and follow our tried-and-true nomination process. Here is a quick guide (note, for more detailed information, see the article in the August (Mid-Month), 2019 newsletter).TEMPO Madison bylaws require that members meet the following criteria:
The Membership Committee and Board of Directors also review nominations to ensure that our membership is diverse in terms of sector, industry, professional background, company/organization, race, ethnicity, and culture. The board and the membership committee urge you to nominate women who will broaden our membership in one of these ways.
- 10+ years professional experience*
- 5+ years executive level professional experience
- Decision-making responsibility for staff and budget
- Direct access to the organization's top executive
- Leadership in professional and/or civic organizations
TEMPO’s nomination process is, by design, not very transparent to the nominee. TEMPO members have spoken loudly and clearly that they value TEMPO’s community of high-achieving peers at the peak of their careers, and the chance to learn new things and interact with a diverse group of women, in the broadest sense. Therefore, please remember that TEMPO does not extend membership to everyone who might be interested.
Members may obtain a nomination form by emailing Megan Purtell at email@example.com.
- Any current TEMPO member may nominate a woman for membership. Nominees should have attended at least one monthly luncheon as a guest.
- Do not inform your nominee that she is being considered for membership. If you are nominating at the request of a possible candidate, PLEASE DO NOT PROMISE OR IMPLY THAT SHE WILL BE OFFERED This helps protect the integrity of the process, as well as the feelings/reputations of all involved.