When I left Madison last weekend for Spring Break it was 26 degrees outside with a windchill of 6.
As I write this month’s message from a patio overlooking the Caribbean Sea, it’s hard to imagine that winter still hangs on back home, but I remain hopeful we’ll have a mild month. For a moment of quiet escape, see attached photo.
This month marks the start of our board working on next year’s budget. While our new fiscal year doesn’t begin until July 1, 2022, I have been thinking lately about the value that our membership fee provides us. For the sake of our newest members, but also for those of you seasoned members who could benefit from an update, here’s a breakdown of some of the benefits your membership provides you.
1) Monthly luncheons-
which have returned to the Madison Club as of last September. It feels so good to interact with one another in the warm and inviting Madison Club Terrace Room. The club staff is working diligently to provide us with great service and wonderful food, a not-so-easy task with a pandemic-induced shortage of workers.
2) Two newsletters per month-
We know how you busy women like to stay informed and mark your calendars with upcoming events. That’s why a while ago we increased our communications frequency to twice monthly so you can always have the latest information on all things TEMPO Madison. I especially enjoy our members making the news items.
3) The printed member directory-
How many of you noticed the return of our printed directory this year and rejoiced?! Yes, it’s a low-tech means of accessing fellow-member’s contact information, but I love it nonetheless! Much work goes into making sure you have the most up-to-date member information and headshots.
4) Access to networking events-
While the pandemic has given us an opportunity to get creative with networking events, we’ve still managed to provide engaging, relevant and fun events for members. Look for even more in-person options in the coming months.
5) Access to TEMPO Madison clubs-
We have many, such as our two book clubs, WOWzers group, No Strings Attached, Scholarship program and our newest group, the Kiva Lending Team.
6) Livestream Options–
While it became absolutely necessary during the pandemic to provide a livestreaming option for our luncheons and other events, we’ve decided to keep providing this as an option so that you can continue to have the flexibility to tune in remotely when you prefer it.
7) Assistance with securing corporate board seats and access to our board biography database. Through the efforts of our Project Reach program, we now offer you the ability to build your board bio and summary which highlight your amazing qualities, experience and talents. The goal of posting our board bios and summaries is to get more women to sit on paid corporate board positions. If you have not yet worked on your board bio and would like some help, please contact our co-chairs Shana Lewis or Patti Epstein. I’m about to post mine soon and could never have done so without this group’s guidance!
As I close this month’s message, I am proud of the member programs, events and benefits that TEMPO Madison has built over its 40-year history! I believe that as long as we continue to keep member satisfaction a top priority and strive to provide an environment where every member feels heard and supported, we will stay a strong organization for many years to come and leave it in great shape for the next generation of leading women!
All my best,
TEMPO Madison President